We've done the research, but we encourage you to do your own so you can make an informed decision.
Click the links for more info.
Drug Store Products
- There are no prescriptions that kill all lice and eggs in a single treatment and without potential side effects.
- According to the Center for Disease Control, Malathion is only "partially ovicidal," which means it doesn't kill all the eggs, so the infestation will return.
- Requires a doctor visit, aren't covered by insurance, and can cost $100+ per person per treatment.
- May take a long time and often can't treat the whole problem, which results in a waste time and money, when the lice come right back.
The Center for Disease Control: "does not have clear scientific evidence to determine if suffocation of head lice with mayonnaise, olive oil, margarine, butter, or similar substances is an effective form of treatment."
- Many of our clients have tried multiple home remedies and battled head lice for months before calling us.
Do-It-Yourself Manual Combing
Takes weeks, is not easy, and can be painful without good technique. If hiring a lice service isn't an option
learn more here.