Quick Guide to Head Lice Removal Options
We've done the research, but we encourage you to do your own so you can make an informed decision.
Drug Store Products
- Do not kill every louse and nit, which can lead to reinfestation.
- No longer work on Oregon's super lice.
- May contain neurotoxins.
- No prescriptions kill all lice and eggs in a single treatment without potential side effects.
- According to the Center for Disease Control, Malathion is only "partially ovicidal," which means it doesn't kill all the eggs, so the infestation will return.
- Requires a doctor visit, which isn't covered by insurance
- Learn more from Consumer Reports.
- May take a long time and often can't treat the whole problem, which results in a waste time and money when the lice come right back.
- Many of our clients have tried multiple home remedies and battled head lice for months before calling us.
- If home remedies worked, there would be no lice businesses.
Do-It-Yourself Manual Combing
- Takes weeks, is not easy, and can be painful without good technique.
- If hiring a lice service isn't an option learn more here.
Compare To Our Method
Treatments average 30-60 minutes for normal infestations.
There are no pesticides used during the Lice Charmers Combing Method.
You are lice-free in one appointment in the comfort of your home and...
We work evenings and weekends so your kids won't miss school and you won't miss work.